Velociraptor was a small theropod dinosaur (about the size of a large turkey) that lived in what is now Mongolia during the Late Cretaceous Period (about 75 million years ago). It was a very fast runner, using its speed to outrun prey and its sharp claws to capture it. Velociraptor was a star in the Jurassic Park movie series.
- Scientific Name: Velociraptor, meaning ‘swift seizer (or robber)’.
- Characteristics: Velociraptor ran on its hind legs, using its long tail to balance. It front limbs were large, and its hands were very strong. Both hands and feet had long sickle-shaped claws Velociraptor used its claws to grasp its prey, which it then killed using its sharp teeth. Velociraptor belongs to the group of dinosaurs that are closely related to birds. The hands and fingers are particularly bird-like in their structure.
- Size and Color: This model is 8.25 inches long and 3.25 inches high. Like many living reptiles it is dark brown above with lighter underside. This would make it easier for Velociraptor to blend into its surroundings.
- The Velociraptor is part of the Wild Safari® Prehistoric World collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free