Tyrannosaurus rex was a very large theropod dinosaur that lived in what is now western North America in the Late Cretaceous Period (68-66 million years ago). It went extinct with the last of the dinosaurs at the end of the Cretaceous Period.
- Scientific name: Tyrannosaurus rex meaning ‘tyrant lizard’ and ‘king’
- Characteristics: Tyrannosaurus, at least 40 feet long, and 5-6 metric tons in weight, was top of the food chain in the Late Cretaceous. Its huge jaws contained lots of dagger-like, six inch teeth that it used to slice apart prey.
- Size and color: This model is 12 inches long and 5.5 inches high. Like many living lizards, its upper parts are in dark, neutral earth tones with slightly lighter underparts.
- The Tyrannosaurus Rex is part of the Great Dinos collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free