Shunosaurus is a distinctive dinosaur with a dangerous clubbed tail and a relatively short neck for a sauropod. This large plant eater occupied China during the Middle Jurassic, about 170 million years ago.
- Scientific Name: Shunosaurus lii
- Characteristics: Shunosaurus is a plant eater with a tiny skull relative to the size of its giant body. It has simple peg-like teeth for stripping leaves, a moderately long neck, and a long tail. Shunosaurus walked on all fours and its front legs are slightly shorter than its hind legs. Its front feet have a single claw on the thumb and its strong hind feet have five toes. Its tail ends with a swollen spiked club. It grew up to 33 feet long.
- Size and Color: This detailed model is 6.5 inches long and 2.75 inches high. It has yellow and white stripes on its neck and tail.
- The Shunosaurus is part of the Wild Safari® Prehistoric World collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free