Masiakasaurus is a small bizarre meat-eating dinosaur that was named in 2001. It surprised paleontologists because of its oddly shaped jaws and protruding teeth. It lived in Madagascar during the Late Cretaceous, at the end of the ‘age of the dinosaurs’, 65 million years ago.
- Scientific Name: Masiakasaurus knopfleri
- Characteristics: Masiakasaurus is a small-bodied meat-eating dinosaur. It walked on two long legs and balanced its body with a long tail. It had a relatively long neck and short arms. Its jaws and teeth are its most distinctive character – the tips of its jaws splay outwards and its front teeth point forward. At 6 feet long it was one of the smaller predatory dinosaurs.
- Size and Color: This model is 7.25 inches long and 3.25 inches high. It is colored in natural shades of green with dark stripes along its back.
- The Masiakasaurus is part of the Wild Safari® Prehistoric World collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free